Followers

Sunday 24 February 2019

Taking a Walk...

I was taking a walk to the pub on Friday night to meet friends and as I live in town I had deliberately taken a route to avoid all street life that I might be accosted by as otherwise I often find myself relieved of money and cigarettes prior to reaching my destination.  I was nearly there when a very intense man appeared in front of and asked my if I knew if Jesus had died to save me...

I was rather late for my appointment as he insisted on speaking to me about hell and how sinful my life was and if I had been to hell I also would be there preaching too - in the end he gave me a leaflet and a bible as even though I said I had read it I don't think he believed me and insisted I take it - here it is below - The English Standard Version


I wouldn't normally tell this story here however I had to arrive at a pub carrying a bible and leaflets about Jesus and apologize to my friends for being late as usual...I thought perhaps though it is interesting that this man feels a profound need to preach the word of God and I wondered if he had perhaps glimpsed hell and that was why he was standing there.  I know this is a digression but I it did make me think further about my Mary Magdalene project - in my next posts I will show you the development and sketches I have made in preparations for my photographs...

No comments:

Post a Comment