Followers

Wednesday 8 April 2020

Project Sign Off: Beginning with Eve

I have decided and developed my ideas and now I am adding my project sign off here: Art Therapy Project

To begin I am adding some new work which is just using digital photography and Photoshop:


Again I am just playing with ideas about what I would like to express through this work - I like this idea of the weight of life, - the weight of creation refers to Eve as all women could descend from Eve if you believe this...


Although Eve is portrayed as the one who tempts Adam to sin, Eve is 'cursed' by God with the following: I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing, with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband and he will rule over you' Genesis 3:16

Here, in my own image, the weight of creation still bears down on womankind and still we bear that weight of the carrier, nurturer and often still considered the weaker sex.  I believe here this is where we are strongest as women do bear weight, a weight that if it was given to the man he may find himself crushed by it!

No comments:

Post a Comment