I have not updated my site for a while so I am going to do this now to really improve on being found on the internet and trying to gain more connection to my site. I am going to begin by updating the SEO on my site
This makes the site easier to find and to share on social media.
I then realised as I had been showing students things on the site many things did not actually belong there! So I removed all extraneous items and changed the homepage buttons to reflect the correct pages.
I check my copyright was up to date and then checked all my social media links
These all worked well and everything was up to date. I then went to my Bio page as I prefered a bio I had used elsewhere so I changed it to this version
After each of these actions, I republished to ensure that the site was updated live!
I then began checking the mobile view as I had made other changes this could have been affected
The contact page was fine, but the portfolio pages the writing and buttons appeared in the wrong places so I fixed this in the editor.
I checked all the pages and then previewed and when I was satisfied I published again
I will admit that I had neglected this site a little and as I had used it for teaching purposes it had got int a bit of a mess! So I have now given it a bit of love and care and I can now consider how I can further improve this for the future - I think more connections with other social media and work online would bring together my work online and cross-connections will hopefully lead more people to my site.
Post a Comment