Followers

Tuesday 30 June 2020

Process of Creating Aged Images on Photoshop

I am doing this rather late as can be seen I should have finished this last term however assessments took over but always determined to finish what I started I will continue!

So here is my process for ageing my own images - I will just post one as otherwise this will be very repetitive and you will get the idea!

So here is the original image that I chose to work with for the book 


I have uploaded this image to Photoshop from my desktop.  I then change the colour to Sepia


To do this I simply went into adjustments and photo filter and picked 'sepia' and adjusted the density.

I now want to create a kind of frame to give it that old photo look.


So here I created a new blank layer and then used 'edit' 'fill' and picked a colour from the original image.  I then used 'transform' and scale to place the border around the image.

I now want to add texture and that old 'feel' to the image so I downloaded a couple of images from the internet of rust and old paper - here they are:



I will now layer these on top of the image and use opacity to give the look I am after.


I now want to soften the edges of the photo and frame so it looks dated and not sharp.


I used the smudge, blur and burn tools to soften the edges and just darken the image in places.

I will now save this image as a jpeg so that I have the final version ready for the book pages

I think that this has worked really well and each image will be unique as I can use the tools creatively on each to give the look I am after. 

I will now create the rest of the images show these in my next post






No comments:

Post a Comment