Followers

Sunday 28 January 2024

Photographic Project Disappearance: First Shoot

 As I had planned I shot these images on Sunday morning in my home, I wanted the morning light coming through and I was blessed with the sunlight.  I chose to use my Olympus E-2 as I have a remote trigger for this and a screen that I can see whilst shooting self-portraits. I began with F3.5 and I was expecting to adjust exposure compensation as the light changed continually throughout the shoot as the sun went in and out of cloud cover. I shot in both RAW and High-Quality Jpeg and I shot in both black and white and colour so I could decide which would work best for these shots in the finished work.  I used a tripod for the majority of shots however I took some hand-held test shots while testing the framing and light.  

After the shoot,  I then created contact sheets and began examining the shots. Please see contact sheets here; 














After looking through I much preferred the colour shots and I do think that these will work better for what I have in my in terms of my disapppearance, I actually didn't really want me in the shots at all as my presence is everywhere with the shots of the room s of my home however in the spirit of this project (perhaps spirit, is the word, as I intend to become one) I will use these shots and see what works - this is my first shoot and I liked the living room and bedroom shots but the office shots did not work well there were issues with space and too much in the background - I will rethink this one and I will also shoot further shots in the kitchen.

One shot I thought would work quite well is this one on the bed..


F5, 1/200, ISO 400, +3, 14mm

This shot I experimented and first edited as per the Cohen shots I discussed in my earlier post - deleting myself entirely


I did this on Photoshop simply by selecting myself and then deleting me from it.  Next, I tried using a lens flare and opacity 



This one I preferred as I disappeared into a flash of light, I may experiment with this one further.

The second image I liked from the shoot was by the window 

F3.5, 1/100, +1, ISO 400, 14mm





Using the lens flare does look I am dsappearing or being eliminated it seems harsher that the bedshot so I will continue to work on this and I will also output these images to consider them more fully.


I will complete another shoot as I have further ideas about the shot now around the house. My personal favourite shots are the empty rooms 






No comments:

Post a Comment