Followers

Monday 4 May 2020

Brief Hiatus

An apology for the brief hiatus on my blog.  I have had to take some time out due to a personal loss and it is strange I chose art therapy for this project as it should in theory help however I am certainly not ready to talk about it or explore it through art!

Therefore I am looking at other methodologies and as we started with an object this term I thought I would start with photographing the objects in my house as my first experiment - I have a slight fetishism (I mean this in the magical way - not the sexual one!) for the objects that live with me they are totems, touchstones, basically, I like them about, they keep me company and they remind me of good things, memories, people. I like their materiality, I basically just like it that they exist.


Also, I am a fan of the object that may possess some magical power, hence my earlier posts about the magic fertility figures.  These African totems come in pairs and are considered more magical in pairs - I really did blame my pregnancy on them as I bought them just before I was married and I used to clean them each week - rubbing them and carefully placing them back on the mantlepiece - I was pregnant within the first month of marriage!  Check out this if you don't believe me:


So let's begin again and start my object therapy!  Check out my first images in the next post...



No comments:

Post a Comment