Followers

Saturday 16 May 2020

Development & Process: Contacts #02

To continue we have many more flowers!



As there are many and they may not be included in the final cut, let's look more closely at these shots 

Flower Test: ISO 400, F5, 1/40, 20mm Focal length

As can be seen, the shot is okay the light and composition are okay but is it interesting? 


One way to really see - add to it a frame, consider if you would want it on the wall.  The answer here is a definite no, it would not sustain much attention for long!  Sorry flowers..


So here we have the Russians and the books - you have seen these before in my initial test shots - I still like best tiny Stalin and now we have the final shots I think he will make it!


Stalin Test: ISO 400, F5, 1/25, FL 16mm

I may shoot this one again with Stalin in focus and the books blurred however and compare this to my original test shots to choose the best image. 



Continuing - although I have spent many many hours monkey making and this here is sofa monkey - I don't think he will make the grade, However the mannequin and the strange half balaclava here I really do like and will be looking much more closely at this 



Head Test: ISO 400, F5, 1/40. FL 20mm

I like the rule of thirds composition here - the image is sharp and you can feel the wood stool texture in contrast to the polystyrene head.  The woollen balaclava is strange and I will tell you this story when I add this to the book. 








No comments:

Post a Comment