Followers

Tuesday 26 October 2021

IIM: The Swimming Hole: First Impressions

 

Thomas Eakins: The Swimming Hole (1884-5)


What first impressions do you have?

Beautiful sunshine, the smell of a sunny day and freshwater, the feel of water on my skin. The warm sun touched my skin.  The trees gently rustling in the breeze, the joy of watching young men swim!  Joy and laughter


What does it make you think of?

As above, reminds me of Jarnac in France when we spent a day sitting by the river.  I paddled and collected stones, the water was crystal clear.  I lay on the grass in the warm sun and ate an ice lolly.  


What connection can you find with the image? 

Summer holidays, photographing people outside in the sun, photographing the body and finding beauty 


How could this be a starting point to your own work? 

Thinking about how to photograph the body, something conceptual perhaps text/image - pieces of me

No comments:

Post a Comment