Followers

Monday 18 October 2021

Reflection: Joan of Arc

 


For this project, I wanted to express the faith and strength of Joan of Arc and the fire that turned her into a martyr.  I feel that this image does do that and is successful.  I think though it does need to the text otherwise you would not necessarily associate the image with Joan of Arc.  I like this version as I felt the black and white worked well with the flames bright touching Jesus on the cross.  However, the colour version gives a different feel and depending on where it was hanging or posted I think would depend on the version to e used.  Technically I was pleased with the result - this was a simple project but the image was effective and is of high quality and could be printed for gallery output. 

No comments:

Post a Comment