Followers

Sunday 10 October 2021

Joan of Arc: Developing Ideas - Using Stock Images

 I need for my Joan of arc project some stock images of fire.  This is the less dangerous and easy way to get an image like this.  As this is a short project and I am likely to find a good selection.  This is also useful to IYZ students who are doing their advertising projects. 



I will begin by look at Unsplash

Here are some potential images 

Nathan Lindahl (Unsplash)

Be careful on Unsplash as the top images on the page you would need to pay for - scroll down to free images
Cullen Smith (Unsplash)

This image has more potential as there is a black background and no distracting details 

From Pixabay I found these: 

Hans (Pixabay)

Skitterphoto (Pixabay)

I liked this one as it was almost stylized and abstract and I think this could work well with the cross 

Lastly Pexels

Anon Pexels


Could be good that it is simple but maybe too simple 

Icon O (Pexels)

This last one is perhaps a little too violent - I am sure that Joan of Arc's death by fire was much more horrible and violent than looking at this however, I want to get across not the violence but the spiritual transcendence.

This is a good start to the background to the work.  I will now begin taking the photographs for the final piece.












No comments:

Post a Comment