Followers

Wednesday 15 February 2023

Creating my Book on Blurb

 I have already downloaded Bookwright onto my desktop and so I begin by choosing the book I would like to create, in the spirit of the chapbook I choose a trade book, 6"x 9" in standard colour with a hardcover image wrap.




Bookwright then open and asks me to add photos and as I had a few I had already chosen I imported these into my project.

I then carefully chose the layouts of each page using the payout tabs and customising size where needed and then I copied the text for each page from my google docs on my Drive.

I added all the picture credits at the end as these were not y own and came from Pixabay and Unsplash contributors, I also added copyright.
My additional piece on the theme of lost things was of loss of knowledge/memory, just some of my musings
I then added all the chapters and the Story of Honey
I spellchecked and proof read this several times but I always fear I will have missed something...
I kept the layout simple and added page numbers through the top menu on Add and Page Numbers which I place in the corner of each page.
I added title pages to each section and I used Century Schoolbook font throughout just varying text size for titles and credits


I finally saved everything to a file on my computer and then uploaded this to Blurb



As this could take a while I will complete another post once my book has finalised.




No comments:

Post a Comment