Followers

Sunday 19 February 2023

The Book of Lost Things: Reflection

 

The Book of Lost Things II was created because I very much enjoyed the process of creating The Book of Lost Things I.  The Story of Milk in (Lost Things I) was a vibrant tale of a young woman whose life had become rather directionless until she has a very strange encounter with the church of St Jude and Matt the Monk.  In the mirror story The Story of Honey (Lost Things II) Honey is just about to embark on a journey to England for his PhD studies which is on the transformational power of St Jude .  The book if it was made into one would have alternate chapters of Milk and Honey and I do think that this would work very well indeed.  I enjoyed the process of writing these stories and using literary devices of teh short story and comparing my work with Maupassant as this was an interesting exercise and made me really look at how I had used language with my story and how this is conveyed to the reader.  If I had more time on this I would do much more analysis and research as I do think that this would prove most interesting.  I will add a little more research on target market as I have placed this book for sale on Blurb and  I want to test where I would find an audience for this work.  

I will continue on this journey with thsi work and I do think it has 'got legs' and could certainly become a larger book.  Also I would be interested in how I would develop this as a writer and turn it into a longer novel,  I know that I want to find out what my charaters will do next..

No comments:

Post a Comment