Followers

Tuesday 14 February 2023

Finalising Urban Landscape Project for Website

 After finalising the images and curating those that I would be using for my portfolio I then began putting this together as a collection using Photoshop 




I created a white canvas background by clicking on 'new' and then in the dialog box choosing 'print', I chose A3, 300dpi resolution and created the canvas.  I then opened the images I had already prepared and added the images and used tranform and move controls to place the image.  I then use the Text tool and added text I used Book Antiqua 30 pt font Italic and used a soft grey as this would fit into the look of the portfolio and the website.

I also wrote an introduction to go with the images that I have taken and I will put this in a gallery on my website.  I have chosen to use only the portrait black and white images for this through curation.

I opened Wix and went to 'Edit Site', I clicked on 'Menus and Pages' in the left-hand menu and then clciked on 'Add Page' and named it 'Urbanity Bites', the name of my portfolio. I then clicked into the page and added a title and short introduction.  I added a sliding gallery and clicked on 'manage media' to upload the images that I had prepared.



Once uploaded (my upload speed is the pace of a snail!) I went into each file and ensured I had added the title and that they worked in the gallery, I reordered them to make sure I was happy with the flow of the images and then once I was completely happy with the arrangement I republished the site.



I added a suitable introduction at the top of the page and added an introduction as part of the portfolio.  I liked the way that this looked and now I will finalise completely just by adding a button to the front portfolio page and a back to portfolio button on the top of the new page so that there is ease of movement round the site

I will test all this again once I have published other works this term.




No comments:

Post a Comment