Followers

Sunday 14 May 2023

Book of Lost Things III: Images for Front Cover & Practice

 I began looking for front cover images that were copyright free.   Here are a selection I chose.  I quite like the first one however I think it is not interesting enough for a front cover image..


Batik from Pexels 

This image below I think may be a good image for inside the book but I would need to distress this image more and make it look like an older photograph

Vanya from Pexels

Again, this would be a good image for inside the book as it matches the look I am going for for these images. 



I don't think I actually like this image below at all!



I do very much like this image below and could be a very good one to use, I will think about this one as a possible. 




This is my favourite image and the one I will be using today to practice a front cover.





I opened Photoshop and created a canvas by clicking on New and then print in the dialog box I chose A4 as my book will be around 6 x 9inches.  I chose a white background as I wanted to fill the page with my image. The resolution was 300dpi as I wanted this to be high quality for printing.


I then clicked on open and opened the image from my desktop that i had downloaded from Pixabay.  I then added selected the image and copied and pasted this into the canvas.  I changed the image to black and white by clicking on Edit, Mode and then grayscale.


I then clicked on Text in the left hand menus and changed this to Book Antiqua and changed the size appropriately to fit in the title and my name. 


This is the final cover -I actually really liked this image and want to use this in my final book 


No comments:

Post a Comment