Followers

Monday 15 May 2023

Free Project: Initial Ideas & SMART Objective

 For this project, I can do anything and at the moment I am experimenting with editing and film I was thinking about performance and film again and I liked the idea of creating an experimental/performance piece.  

I was thinking of Pippilotti Rist as her pieces were immersive and in the gallery, you really experienced her work. 


This work takes the Chris Isaask song Wicked Game and it becomes more and more histrionic as the time goes on the use of sound and music, exploring a new take on the song is a modern expressionist response.  This kind of expression in performance art and through film I want to explore further. 



In Mythic Being (1973), Adrian Piper dresses up as a man (her alter ego), and changes her race, sex, identity, and social class to see how people in the street react to her presence.  This performance really does have social importance as it explores how we do react to different people in the street everyday.  Piper also acted as the man and exhibited male behaviour (such as ogling women) 

I like the idea that the performance can have a real effect on the viewer and make them think and question their own beliefs and ideas. 

In my own work for this project I am thinking may make an experiential film, I still can't help but think of Chris Marker Sans Soliel as I am still interested in memory and remembrance and would like to work on this further in my own work.




References

Mythic being (1973-1975) (no date) Adrian Piper and Identity. Available at: https://adrianpiper.weebly.com/mythic-being-1973-1975.html (Accessed: 15 May 2023). 

No comments:

Post a Comment