Followers

Wednesday 4 October 2023

Sequence Images Class Practice

 This week for my first project of the term I created a set of sequence images as we were studying in class sequential photography.  In class we looked at Elliot Erwitt, Eadweard Muybridge and Sam Taylor Wood (nee Johnson)



The above image is from Elliot Erwitt who created many sequences of dogs which are fun, playful and a take on people's relationships with their dogs.  In this image the frame perfectly uses rule of thirds which really draws the viewers attention to main focus of the images which is the dogs face and ladies leg. The image in black and white and so creates midtones throughout and the blurred background makes the focus of the image stand out to the viewer. 


I created my own practice sequence at home using my Samsung A71 Android phone and a small lightbox with a black background.  I used small dolls to create a sequence which I am calling 'The Secret'

I created a set of contact sheets of all my original images and used online a contact sheet generator, please see below


The next step to practice was to edit my images on Pixlr using Pixlr E editor.  I created a white canvas background which I will then add my image sequence, this was A4 and I used the Page then rotate tool to create a landscape background.  I then uploaded my images by clicking on File and open, I rotated my as they were upside down and then I selected each image and I copied and pasted them onto the canvas. I then used the tranform tools to move them to in position and make them smaller so that I had row sequence.  I then used the text tool and changed the font to Georgia at 60pts add the title and my name. I finally cropped the image to remove too much white space and I then clicked on File and Export page as png to my desktop  

Here is my final sequence below.



As this was a practice, I think it went quite well and I liked the consistency of the photos in the light box.  I have more of these images and I do think when I do another longer piece of work I will spend more time creating a visual narrative that is perhaps more complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment