Followers

Sunday 11 February 2024

Chapbook: Draft Chapters One & Two of Disappearance

 


I start with an image from Don't Look Now from 1973, as this story has the kind of uncanny twists and turns that remind me how good writing can be. Du Maurier's story continually surprises and in this film version, Roeg really understands how to visually explore this narrative so that the journey is astounding.

I have worked on the first draft chapters of my book working title 'Disappearance'.  The story itself is about a woman in her 40s who will design her own disappearance through unexpected events and curious and uncanny happenings her life will change dramatically.


The main character 'Amande' will take the reader on a journey through these events, however, I will use a God's Eye View throughout so I can, as an author, be with any character through the story at any time.  


I am completing these on Google Docs so my edits and draft changes can be seen and the writing process is clear. 


Disappearance: Chapter One

Disappearance: Chapter Two


I have now completed all my first edits and these can be seen here as comments and suggestions 

2 comments:

  1. Where the link to Google Docs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see that someone still promotes my films. Appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete