Followers

Tuesday 6 February 2024

Chapbook: Planning

 


What is your final idea?  Please explain in two sentences the theme and the form your writing will take.

My final idea is a small novella form which will contain 4-6 chapters and I will use images that are my own and copyright free.  This book will be no more than 40 pages and is on the theme of disappearance. 

Considering the form, how do you intend to layout your book pages?

The form will be a novella using realism and I intend to layout the pages in the conventions of traditional book form and add appropriate images that add to the text. 

How many pages do you expect there will be?

30-40 pages

Are you going to use images?  Are these your own images (illustrations/photographs) or copyright free images that you will source?  

Yes, my own images and copyright free images that I will credit in the book 

What is the plan of your time and how much you will need to spend on this?

Remember writing is something that you will need time and concentration without disturbance - you must make sure that you plan time to do this.

12-20 hours 

What do you imagine the final book will look like?  

I will use a trade book format from Blurb and this is about 5 x 7 in - It will contain a designed front cover with my name (author) and Title of the book 

Have you considered the cover page/contents page/back cover with blurb?

As above - I will add this to Blurb and it will have an ISBN so it can be sold 

Drafting and redrafting will need to be done?  Who would you get to proofread your work?

I will ask my partner/colleagues to proofread

Write down any other thoughts or comments related to your plan on your blog post.

I will write this on Google Docs to ensure that I can share drafts and I can edit easily whoever I may be.


No comments:

Post a Comment