Followers

Tuesday 6 February 2024

Creating a Website: Contact Page & Social Links

 I then wanted to add a contact page so that it would be easy for people to get in touch.  I did this by using the 'Add' Button on the left hand menu and went to 'Contact and Forms'.  I then placed the contact form in the correct position on my page and I I then set the notifications to ensure they came to my gmail address.  



Then I began to customise the form starting with ensuring that all fonts were the same as my homepage and so I used the 'Bitter' font again and I used this on the form, title and all buttons.  I then changed the input fields adding a little colour and the submit button I changed to match the background of my page.


I then just clicked on the 'Add' button on the left hand menu and then I clicked on image and then upload image and I uploaded one of my own test images from a project for the moment. I clicked on Save and the previewed to check everything is working.



The next thing I did on my website was add a social bar.  I went to add button the left hand menu and then chose 'social' and then I chose the social bar that I wanted add to my website.  I clicked on this and then I dragged this into my footer.


I then set all my social links for Blogger, Twitter/X, Linkedin and YouTube.  I then saved all my settings and work and then previewed and then I tested that the links worked correctly. 



I then checked my mobile view on the contact page and I adjusted my Header as my title of my site was not showing I then check ed that I had a back to top button and I moved the menu button to the right hand side as this was more pleasing and people tend to look right first.  I saved and then previewed to ensure all changed worked correctly.





No comments:

Post a Comment