Followers

Thursday 15 February 2024

Software Choice: Photoshop Practice

 Today we are practicing making presentation boards for a gallery in Wix for final portfolio.

I began by opening Photoshop


I then clicked on 'File' and then 'New' and a dialog box appeared and I clicked on 'Print' and then view all presets and then I chose A3 size for my canvas and I used a 300 ppi and then I chose 'Landscape' orientation and then the background colour of white.  I then clicked on 'create' and my white canvas appears on my workspace. 

Next, I added my title using the Text Tool in the left hand menu, I clicked on this and then clicked onto my canvas.  I then wrote my title and selected the text.  I then used the top menu to change the font to Baskerville Old Face and the size to 60pts, and I also made the text 'strong' by clicking on the drop down box in the top menu.  I then went back to the move tool at the top of the left hand menu and moved the text into place ensuring I left good margins on my board.  I then clicked again on the text tool and created subtitle and I changed the font again to Baskerville Old Face and then made this 36pts as I wanted it slightly smaller.  I then clicked back to to the move tool and using the gridlines on Photoshop lined up mu Subtitle with my title as above. 



I created  a logo on 'Freelogodesign.org'.  This will be brand name and I can use it throughout the year if I wish.  I downloaded completed logo as png.  I then went back to Photoshop and clicked on File and then open, I opened the file in Photoshop I then clicked on Select in the top menu and the Edit and copy.  I then went back to my canvas and clicked on Edit and then paste.  I then used the transform controls to resize and position the logo with move tool. 



I downloaded one of my rendered jpeg images from Homesbyme and then I clicked on File and open and then I selected the images clicked on Edit and then copy and then went back top my board and as above pasted the image and used transform and the move tool to position on the page. 



I then spent considerable time writing my concept, I added this to the board by clicking on the Text tool in the left hand menu and I checked that I was using Baskerville Old Face so that this was consistent with the title and subtitle.  I used this font at 24pts. I spaced and created the lines as I wrote this directly onto the the canvas.  Once I had complete this I then went back to my move tool and aligned the text and the margins using the gridlines on Photoshop.  I also did a spellcheck by clicking on 'Edit' in the top menu and then check spelling in the drop down menu. 

My completed first board I then saved as both a psd (photoshop) file, so that it was editable if I needed to change anything in the future.  I also saved a copy as a jpeg so that this could be easily uploaded onto my blogger here and my website on Wix. 




No comments:

Post a Comment