Followers

Saturday 2 March 2024

Everywhere and Nowhere: Second Shoot

 My first images for 'disappearance' were all about the light, the light of the morning sun in my flat and myself becoming overexposed through a flare and then not being there at all.  I made these images into a cube that I have had sat on my desk for a few weeks now and I quite like these images and the physicality of the cube. Here is the digital version..



However, for these second images linking the idea of twilight and disappearance, I took these in the dusk light.  In the later images, I had to switch on the house lights as it had moved from dusk to darkness.  I used my camera by braille for the shoot.  For the images here I wanted the camera static so I had the same shot over and over and only I moved within the frame. 

These are the contacts and in these shots, I used aperture priority, F.3.5, ISO 400, and exp compensation +1.  I shot in monochrome and in RAW and high-quality jpeg.  Also, I did a few shots in the middle using a fixed 25mm lens as I had some other thoughts which involved redaction. 









The images on their own are not that interesting as that is not their point to be alone.. However here are a couple of the shots and EXIF details 



This shot is well balanced with a good rule of thirds and the pose and the domestic bedroom setup works for this particular project as I stated earlier the camera is static and there was no variation in focal length.



As stated there is no real variation in settings the shutter is slow making these quite soft images but this was useful to the final result I am aiming for.



The image above is the centrepiece of the final image and I wanted this looking to the viewer as all the other images are more passive and this is the direct connection. 

In my next post, I will show the development of the final pieces for the website.










No comments:

Post a Comment