Followers

Tuesday 15 October 2024

Milanote: Intended Research

 Today I created a milanote just explore my intended research for my Photography and Death project.


I have added the intended research here which will be the work of Robert Mapplethorpe, Nobuyoshi Araki and Mikiko Hara.  Mikiko Hara's works are new to me and use the snapshot technique, just collecting passing moments, street photography but also photography of objects and buildings. 


In the image above Hra captures this empty urban landscape with evidence of a person living in the space with the bed/tent and trolley.  this reminded me very much of Wim Wenders Places Strange and Quiet.  I like the traces of human existence, evidence of life. I will discuss all my research in much more detail throughout the term in relation to my own work, looking forward to discovering new and occult beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment