Followers

Sunday 20 October 2024

Project Sign Off: Mortality & The Photograph

 I have now finalised my project and this, in my case, has been signed off by me!  Below is an image from Karen Knorr who also uses Photographs and Text.  Below is from 'Gentlemen'; 'The photographic works Gentlemen (1981-1983), photographed in English gentlemen’s clubs in Saint James’ in central London, consider the patriarchal values of the English upper middle classes with text constructed out of speeches of parliament and news. The complete series of 26 images and texts investigate the values that ally these classes to conservative aristocratic values where primogeniture is still an issue in a country symbolically ruled by a constitutional monarchy' (Knorr, 2014) Knorr's image and text pieces are beautifully constructed and presented and this is is an example of the kind of work I intend to produce over the term.

Black and White Silver Bromide Prints on Ilford Paper
50 x 60 cm / 20 x 24 in
Edition of 10 + 1 AP

My own Project Sign Off can be found here. My images will not be as formalised and will be taken using a manual polaroid camera.



References

Knorr, K. (2014). Gentlemen | Karen Knorr. [online] karenknorr.com. Available at: https://karenknorr.com/photography/gentlemen/ [Accessed 20 Oct. 2024].


No comments:

Post a Comment