Followers

Thursday 6 April 2023

Biteable Resume Video Process

 

In class this week we are making a Biteable video this is to promote ourselves to employers and to consider the skills we have and are developing so that we can show an employer our potential.


I edited the first slide by first changing the title and my name by clicking on this so that the text menu came up on the right-hand side I then changed the font to Arbutus Slab 14 pts and then I added a picture of myself by clicking on the image and then clicking on 'replace background' and I uploaded my own image.

I also then wanted to change the colours throughout so I clicked on the background and then went to 'Style' in the right-hand menu and changed the colour combinations to one that I found more aesthetically pleasing.



I then check the next slide which states which job I intend to do for I typed in the job of Creative writing programme leader as I have not done this previously.  I then clicked on the image and changed the graphic to a video of writing to illustrate this.



I then added the reasons on each slide and on each slide I replaced the graphics with an appropriate video clip.  I began with teaching experience and as I have quite a number of years of experience I thought this would be a good way to begin.



I then went onto management skill as I have worked in managerial positions in many places including being the manager of a residential care home and a safe house for young people and then after I had a child I moved into education. 

Through my teaching career I have found that one of my strongest skill is curriculum design and I wanted to highlight this here.



On sifter skills I have added and ended with commitment and dedication and from my CV employers will see that I stay in jobs for many years and I have shown dedication to these though CPD and clear progression in my career. 



I added my professional DMU address so that people could contact me and as this was on my website people can also use my website contact page. 



I then needed to look at the length of transitions and the music.

I clicked on the music symbol in the bottom left hand corner and chose the music I wanted for my video. 

I then checked the transition time and number of seconds and that each slide was readable in the seconds given.  I could shorten or lengthen the clips by dragging them out or in on the timeline at the bottom of the page. 

Once the video was complete I went to publish and then I copied the link.  I then went to my editor on Wix and my menu on the left hand side and clicked on the link button and added the video as a web address. This then meant I could view the resume on my Wix site and it was ready for assessment. 


Reflection

I enjoyed creating this video as it was for a job I had never applied for before and it was interesting to see what skills I have and would need for this position.  I believe I have outlined my relevant skills well here and the video works well and is short and snappy.  If I was doing this again I might use a different Video editor as I have run out of credits so  could not add this terms video for free on my site but I could use Adobe Spark or even Movie Maker to edit a good video for an employer if i wanted to show  my skills in the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment