Followers

Thursday 20 April 2023

Creative Media Production: Photography Traces Task

 Today I started photography in creative media production and we began by looking at basic functions such as ISO, Aperture and Exposure Compensation.

We then looked at artists who used traces of themselves in their photography, looked at Francesca Woodman, Ana Mendieta, and others 

I created contact sheets on Photoshop by clicking on File, Automate, and Contact Sheet, and then IO chose my 'Traces' file and clicked okay and Photoshop created three contact sheet 

I added these to my google drive as well as my desktop




There were a couple of images I liked from this task using my clothes as a trace of myself 








In these images, you can see that I used a wide aperture and I completed this set in black and white which was an artistic choice before I began the shoot.  The sky was overcast so I used an ISO of 400.

The final image I decided should be the coat I am hoping leaving my winter coat on the bench signals the beginning of Spring.

I added this image to Photoshop and I created a canvas in A3 Black at 300dpi resolution at printable high quality.  I opened the image and used adjustments and curves just to brighten the image very slightly then I selected the image and went edit copy and then back to my canvas and edit paste.  I adjusted the size using transform controls and centred the image with guidelines and then I clicked off the text tool on the left-hand menu and changed the text to white and chose Book Antiqua font to create my title at 26 pts.




I quite enjoyed creating this image and given more time on this I would have created further images that worked consistently as a set to create a traces collection.  I do think this is well framed and composed and the texture of the ground and the wood bench contrast with the softness of the coat which gives this the human touch. 




No comments:

Post a Comment