Followers

Sunday 2 April 2023

Reflection

 



This term I very much enjoyed working on Interior Architecture photography for my own study.  The images I manages to get here really played  with light and captured a place that I love, a place of safety and for all its concrete and brutalist leanings, it still has its own spirit. It is a place with history, as it used to be the post office exchange, my Mother said she had worked here when she was young.  

The book (The Story of Honey) which was a compliment to The Book of Lost Things I (The Story of Milk) I immensely enjoyed the writing and I do hope that once day I will complete the whole story of both as I have become very much invested in the characters that I have created and I do think this could be a great story.  These books have reminded me again of how much I love to write and if I could do this all the time along with taking the photos I think my life would be far more pleasurable.



As always the constraints of time mean that many things could have been improved and of course with more time I may have shot even more Interior architecture probably trying to capture different lights of the day, like Monet's paining of Rouen Cathedral where he had over 30 canvases of the different lights he captured, painting over and over again to get what he wanted, Monet stated 'The older I become the more I realize of that I have to work very hard to reproduce what I search: the instantaneous. The influence of the atmosphere on the things and the light scattered throughout” (Claude Monet, 1891 artwolf.com) here, of course, photography is ever the box that captures all light and instead of the brush I continue with my magic box.




References

The Rouen Cathedral by Monet (2021) theartwolf. Available at: https://theartwolf.com/monet/rouen-cathedral-by-monet/ (Accessed: April 2, 2023). 

No comments:

Post a Comment