Followers

Sunday 23 April 2023

Completing the Collection: Urban Landscape II - Finding Solace in the City

I finalised my thoughts on my collection and will put this together on Photoshop with an introduction on my website on the gallery.

I will begin by creating a canvas, I did this by clicking on 'New' then 'Print' and in the dialog box I chose A3, I the chose landscape and checked that it was 300dpi.  I the chose a very slightly off-white tone for the canvas.


I then added my images by selecting and then going to edit and then copy, then returning to my canvas and the edits paste I adjusted the size to the canvas and lined this up correctly using the guidelines and then added a title on each using book antiqua font at 36pts


I then saved this in a new folder as both a psd and jpeg file ready for my website and so I could make any adjustments if I needed to.  I had this folder on my desktop and when completed I added to my Google Drive and as a back up added this to an external drive.

I checked this worked in Black and white with the same background.



I completed all the images like this and then I opened my website on wix and went to the editor. 

I began by going to the menu and creating a new page, I renamed this and then opened the new page, I chose a gallery that I thought would be suitable and the uploaded my images.


I chose a slider gallery with thumbnails and added my title and a paragraph space so I could write an introduction.


I then uploaded the images here and added them to the gallery I edited the title of each one to ensure this came up when you clicked on the image.


As my computer was being a little slow I took this time to consider the introduction I would write.

Solace in the City 

There is comfort in living in the city, at every time of the day there is noise, people, something happening, the city has a hum that is always there.  However, finding the places that are quiet corners, the places that have the traces of human life, yet remain almost dormant, waiting for renewal, there is a beauty to enjoying this solitude in the metropolis.  These places need someone to look at them kindly again.  This ancient city has many such unloved corners and my camera is drawn to memorialise them.  They will evolve and change over time, people will impose upon them again, but for now they are still and quiet in the frame.

Finally they uploaded and after adding all media to the correct gallery and adjusting the order I previewed the gallery page.


Lastly I added buttons on the portfolio page and a back button the gallery page and then I republished, I then checked the mobile view and rearranged this to work with extra links and republished again




Now you can check this out on my website zoevan-de-velde.com



No comments:

Post a Comment