Followers

Sunday 23 April 2023

Urban Landscape 2: Self Study

 For the shoot today of urban landscape I was concentrating on abandoned or quite places near my home in Leicester City Centre, I was lucky to have a good day with sunshine.  Today I was using my Olympus OMD Mark II.  I had been considering the photographs of Wim Wenders however this morning I also had Eugene Atget on my mind the beautiful depictions of the empty Paris streets and as he photographed them over time the effects of modernisation, I will write about Atget in a further post following my own images.



These are the contacts from today, I used both colour and black and white.  I believe I did get some of the shots that I wanted but like Atget I want to go back and photographs this again...





The first shot is opposite my block of flats and it has remained an abandoned site for years now I like the jagged edge that cuts into the sky, the sofas that have been dumped outside, there is a beauty to the dilapidated wall.


ISO 200, F6.3, 1/640, 14mm

The next shot includes The Prince of Wales, old pub sign next to the now unused and unloved industrial building, as people are awful, the windows have been smashed in and the building battered


ISO 200, F6.3, 1/125, 14 mm


This next image worked well with the black and white with a leading line, this with the run down building and factory which has the overlocking and stitching reminding us of Leicester's industrial history in textiles, also I do enjoy the turn left sign on the road 



ISO 200, F6.3, 1/400, 14mm

The next image is the site of 'Olympia', a search online for this did not reveal what exactly it is although it looks like a nightclub and I was quite taken with the scene, again the industrial factories and building in the background and the winding road work well in the image.



ISO 200, F6.3, 1/400. 26mm


These are a few of the the ones I was taken by when considering the images for portfolio I have started to have a feeling for what I would like in my final en images which I will discuss in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment