Followers

Wednesday 26 April 2023

Reflection: Solace in the City

 This term I was considering the work of Wim Wenders and Atget when completing my urban landscape image.  I found the quiet and strange places of Wenders photography emboldened me to create more colour images as otherwise I am always tempted to complete everything in Black and White.

I was pleased with the colour here on Revolution Red, the colours are rich and deep and the triangular shapes and arched windows really do make this image work.


With my other images in black and white I was thinking of Atget and wanted my images to exude some of that poetic beauty however here I don't think I quite got that, there are some abandoned places and I like the idea that they are just awaiting for human touch again 


Final Destination has a rugged grimy city feel to the scene but I would not say it was poetic, perhaps I do need to work in the dusk light and create a little more atmospheric shots.  However, I do like how this image works with the shadow play of the trees on the ground which does draw your eye to the wall and then you glance over to see the abandoned trolley.  There is always a sort of sadness for abandoned shopping trollies.   



No comments:

Post a Comment