Followers

Monday 11 January 2021

The Martians have landed: Alpha & Omega

 As part of the class session, you are going to generate ideas in just images to show the Martians your initial thoughts on your CONCEPT for your major project.  So here is one I created for my own initial ideas.  I created this on a digital tablet. As you can see this does not show my best drawing skills but does try to communicate the ideas that I was thinking about.



The eye here - is the all seeing eye, which could be God, it could be technology, it could be CCTV! It is the idea that we are always witnessed and our actions are always witnessed.  The Alpha and Omega are teh beginning and the end.  In the Bible this is in Revelation 22.13: 'Behold, I am coming soon, and My reward is with Me, to give to each one according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.” 14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by its gates.…' and this is referenced elsewhere as God being the first and the last.  Obviously, the alpha and omega are from the Greek alphabet.

The clock is life ticking by to represent our short time on earth with the symbol also of the baby and the coffin.  The box is like Pandoras box - we do not know how life will turn out as there are so many variables and this is about fate, free will and whether we are in charge of our own destiny.  

These are the themes I would like to research further for the project concept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment