Followers

Friday 5 October 2018

Creating My Own Advert: Ideas & Research



I have considered the kind of advert I would like to make and I wanted to make an advert on Fertility and Fertility treatment.  I looked at adverts for fertility treatment and the first one here was a surprise at it advertises a contest to receive treatment, many others offer ways to donate sperm or eggs in exchange for fertility treatment like the third advert below.  In terms of content and layout often they use images of family, biological images of the body, babies etc.  The logo is placed usually in one of the corners and the name of the clinic appears clearly in each ad. Overall the adverts are not overly exciting or innovative - the egg on here is probably the most effective in simplicity, message and composition. 

I have chosen to do this as when I first got married I bought from a flea market two African figures (you will see these in my next post).  The figures sat on the mantelpiece and the man I bought them from said they were fertility objects.  Every week I polished their little heads however with in a month of being married I was pregnant and I blamed these figures for this!   Thinking about this and looking into more research on these African figures it is thought that 'According to tribal legend, to ensure a couple’s fertility the statues are to be placed on either side of a doorway leading into a bedroom. If a woman or her spouse touches either statue as they enter the room, they will soon get pregnant.' (Ripley's 2018)  This related to their own statues that they acquired in 1993 and had become extremely popular as an exhibit however these magical African fertility statues are popular throughout Africa and differ from country to country in their appearance.  They are much sought after as fetish objects.  Therefore my advert will be along the lines of 'You have tried science - now try magic!'








Source: Agora Clinic

References

Ripley's Believe it or Not (2018) Legendary African Fertility Statues [Online] Available from: https://www.ripleys.com/fertility-statues/ (Accessed 5th October 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment