Followers

Wednesday 29 November 2023

Website Feedback and UX Testing

 To test my website I created a Google Form with questions regarding my website and how it worked. I then embedded the form into the navigation bar.  I then published my website.  My address was shared with group so that they could test my website and answer questions on my feedback form.  In this post I am going to analyse the feedback and explain how I responded to this. I got 5 responses to my questions here is the feedback and my response to each. 



All of the respondents thought my homepage was excellent or good.  I think that the homepage works for the moment however I do think I would like to change the image to a sliding gallery in the future so that the front image changes and shows more of a range of work.  


The navigation on my website I was pleased with and did think it worked well, I do think that it is important to keep checking everything works particularly on the mobile view.


Most people liked my About Page however some did not enjoy this page and only thought it was okay.  I think the image needs adjusting on this page as my head is slightly cut off and so I changed the image and republished



I also checked the mobile view - I am not sure whether I like this yet but I will check this again later and reflect on this. 


My contact page was successful  as can be seen here and this page I do think is good with some different work.


My social links all work well, I am going to test these again just to ensure that they are working on the mobile and desktop views.





My portfolio pages were quite successful, I was quite pleased with these as there was past work in different formats and the present work which was my new film, which I thought the final outcome showed some good editing skills.  I was also pleased with the buttons and navigation here and I think this works quite smoothly.


I am glad people enjoyed the overall design, I do think it is consistent in font and colours and that the images and work match well to the design of the site.




It was very important to get the mobile view right and I did spend more time on this as I really wanted this to work well as this is where most people will view my work initially.  Overall I am happy with the feedback and thought that this was a useful exercise. 



The comments were good and I am also looking forward to adding more work and making a few tweaks to improve the site in the future.  











No comments:

Post a Comment