Followers

Thursday 28 April 2022

Creative Writing Chapbook 2: Planning 'The Story of Honey'

 


What is your final idea?  Please explain in two sentences the theme and the form your writing will take.

I will create a chapbook that consists of the 'mirror' story to 'The Story of Milk'  so this will be 'The Story of Honey'  I will put the two together to create 'The Story of Milk & Honey'  Honey will be a story in opposition to 'The Story of Milk' running parallel and 'Honey' will probably be a man.  The story of Honey will be set in America and will, as the Milk story take a God's Eye View

Considering the form, how do you intend to layout your book pages?

I will layout the pages in chapters as last time with oppositional chapters for Honey and Milk 

How many pages do you expect there will be?

With the additional of the already written Milk story I expect the book will be approximately 60 pages 

Are you going to use images?  Are these your own images (illustrations/photographs) or copyright free images that you will source?  

Again I will use a mixture of copyright free stock images and my own images

What is the plan of your time and how much you will need to spend on this?

This is a two week project so I will be spending 8-10 hours at the evening and weekends over the next two weeks to complete this.

What do you imagine the final book will look like?  

I will be using Blurb so that I have a completed published hard copy book.  I will use the trade book form and 6x9 size again

Have you considered the cover page/contents page/back cover with blurb?

I will have chapters and contents page and use photographic images for front and back covers 

Drafting and redrafting will need to be done?  Who would you get to proofread your work?

I will get a colleague or family member to read my work prior to completion.  I will add drafts and redrafts to my blog

Write down any other thoughts or comments related to your plan on your blog post.

I will need to organise the evenings and time to work on this well to ensure completion and I need to spend more time developing the story so that it can work with The Story of Milk


No comments:

Post a Comment