Followers

Monday 18 April 2022

Media: Photography Shoot - Mark II

 After completing a shoot during the session around the backstreets, I followed this after looking at the shots, with my own shoot.  I wanted to concentrate on the idea of home and so I photographed around my building and where I lived.  I have lived in this place since 2014 and in Leicester much longer.  My parents were both from Leicestershire, I have known these streets from a young age and have seen the changes.  I wanted this shoot to reflect that familiarity. I shot all of these in black and white as I felt that these were more successful in the first set and I have used some of the same techniques and worked on leading lines as I think during curation these could work well together. I took fewer shots as my camera actually died for unknown reasons on this shoot so I stopped when it stopped - the camera is in surgery I am hoping it is nothing fatal!

I was using my Olympus OM-D E10 Mark II for these shots at ISO 400, I started at F6.3






The shots I quite liked were these: 


'Home' ISO 400, 1/800, F6.3, FL34mm

'No Entry' ISO 400, 1/500, F6.3, FL14mm

I liked this shot as it matched my 'No Left Turn' shot from the previous outing.  


'Yep' ISO 400, F6.3, 1/1250, Exp-0.3, FL14mm

Yes, it's the classic shadow of the photographer shot - put it in as I liked the balance of the road and my building in the background. 









No comments:

Post a Comment